Saturday, March 27, 2010

Delay

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I have been caught up in the whirlwind of Lent.  I have to say it has been a most enjoyable time.  This is my first Lent as a priest, what a wonderful season of grace.

Just remember to keep before you the cross of Christ.  Only by focusing on the self-giving love of Jesus are we able to see clearly the beauty of the resurrection.  There can be no empty tomb, no Christianity of prosperity, without the suffering of the pierced One.  May the passion of Christ save us, may the Pierced Heart of Christ have mercy on us, may he fill us with his peace, Amen.  May our Lady, the Mother of Sorrows, keep us close to her heart.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Called to be Holy

Message in a Minute for Jan 19: I once heard a quote from Michelangelo about his famous statue,  David .  Someone asked him how he made s...