Tuesday, February 5, 2013

RIP Bishop D'Arcy

Sunday morning at about 11:30, our beloved Bishop Emeritus John M. D'Arcy died after a mercifully brief bought with cancer.

He will be greatly missed, he was certainly one of a kind!

I owe a great deal to Bishop D'Arcy.  He accepted me to the seminary in 2001 and ordained me a priest in 2009.  In the 8 years in between we had frequent meetings and opportunities for me to learn from him.  He was truly a father-figure to his seminarians and priests and I am who I am today because of his guidance.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Called to be Holy

Message in a Minute for Jan 19: I once heard a quote from Michelangelo about his famous statue,  David .  Someone asked him how he made s...