Saturday, August 22, 2009

Docete Omnes Gentes

These words from Jesus Christ, go teach all nations, are really difficult. How often do we go and teach all nations? Furthermore, if we are called to teach, we first must learn.
One of the great lessons of the Second Vatican Council is the renewed emphasis on the role of the laity in the evangelization of the world. It is my hope that my work at St. Matthew's will help everyone in the parish become better evangelists, better "teachers," of the nations.
Therefore, I decided that the best way for me to make things available would be for me to put things on the website. I am not posting things here because I think they are great; rather, people have asked me for copies of my talks and this may be the best way to make them available. I welcome everyone's feed back, please be sure to comment.
May God bless you,
Deacon Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Called to be Holy

Message in a Minute for Jan 19: I once heard a quote from Michelangelo about his famous statue,  David .  Someone asked him how he made s...